For vessels with existing hydraulic power installations, or with an engine capable of driving a Vetus hydraulic pump, a Vetus hydraulic bow thruster is a very attractive option.
The main advantage of hydraulic power over DC is virtually unlimited running time. This is often vital for heavy displacement yachts or commercial motor craft.Why Vetus bow thrusters?
- A single propeller creates less flow disturbance in the tunnel.
- Unique propeller blade design minimises caviataion noise.
- Spiral gears minimise transmission noise.
- Flexible coupling between tail piece and motor eliminates vibration.
- Streamlined tail piece for optimal flow.
- Strong synthetic propeller eliminates corrosion and reduces weight.
- All Vetus maneuvering systems meet the EMC requirements.