The Vetus 95 kgf is suitable for yachts and powerboats from 39 to 56 feet in length. Manufactured using the highest quality materials to give high power and long service life.
Installing an electric bow or stern thruster in a petrol (gasoline) engined boat can be very dangerous, due to the possibility of the electric motor igniting fuel vapour. In order to eliminate the risk, this special housing will shield the bow or stern thruster from potentially explosive vapor.
The housing enables the thruster to comply with the ISO 8846 Marine �ignition protection� standard. In addition to the standard thruster, the set consists of a watertight (IP65) housing for the electric motor and relays, together with all required seals, electrical connectors and fastening components.
An automatic fuse for the control loom is also supplied. This can be reset externally without opening the housing. For both 12 and 24 volt supply. They can also be used as stern thrusters, in combination with the appropriate kit.
Because the motor housing is watertight, these sets are also ideal for use where the bow or stern thruster is installed in a wet or humid space.
Why Vetus bow thrusters?
- A single propeller creates less flow disturbance in the tunnel.
- Unique propeller blade design minimises caviataion noise.
- Spiral gears minimise transmission noise.
- Flexible coupling between tail piece and motor eliminates vibration.
- Streamlined tail piece for optimal flow.
- Strong synthetic propeller eliminates corrosion and reduces weight.
- Easy to install, supplied with clear installation and operation instructions.
- All Vetus maneuvering systems meet the EMC requirements.